About Me

Hey, I'm That 1 Sports Guy and I am a sports fan just like you probably are. I mainly follow the big 3: baseball, basketball and football and will be giving my opinions on some hot topics concerning those sports (or just stuff I find interesting). I am a fan of Arizona sporting teams (Dbacks, Suns and Cardinals) but I will try my best not to be too bias.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Week 4 Overview and Thursday Night Pick




Week 4: 10-5  Overall: 36-27

Another 10 win week for me.  Let’s see if I can improve next week.  Here are my take aways from week 4.

Don’t be the ones playing pissed off powerhouses

After two straight losses and being down 21-7 sometime in the 3rd quarter the New England Patriots looked to be going down the wrong path to success.  Then something clicked and Brady lit up the Bills for a total of 52 points (31 in the 4th quarter!!).  Brady better watch out, if he continues to have that pissed focused look on his face it just might stay that way. 

The 49ers are the other power house who handed out an ass kicking.  After a tough lost to an apparently good Viking team, the 49ers defense was looking to hand out punishment.  What better way to do it than to face the no offense Jets.  Poor Sanchez just might get benched for a running ba...I mean Tim Tebow.  On a positive note, Rex Ryan has lost some weight guys!

I’ll never understand certain team’s consistency issues

Chicago can’t decide if they are an elite team in the NFC or if they are shackled by Jay Cutler and their offensive line.  One week they are getting destroyed by Green Bay then next they are dominating a Dallas team who on paper should be better than they were last year.  Maybe they will be more consistent going forward baring injury. 

Philadelphia is another team I don’t understand.  Weeks 1 and 2 they turn the ball over like crazy but still win.  Week 3 they pay for their turnovers.  Week 4 they beat a talented Giants team (less talented without Nicks on the field though).  The Eagles have gone from talks of starting U of A QB Nick Foles to now praising that Vick is back.  They don’t turn the ball over this week, which in prior weeks would have meant they would dominate opponents, yet instead they squeak by this week.  Dynasty anyone?

Another week of 3 undefeateds

There are three undefeated teams left still after week 4: Texans, Falcons, Cardinals.  The Texans are the best team in the NFL in my opinion.  They have the best running attack in the NFL by far and have a more than capable QB (as we saw in week 3).  They have a healthy Andre Johnson and a back up running back that will start in most leagues.  Oh yea their defense has been great also.

The Falcons continue to ride on the success of Matt Ryan (who I drafted in my fantasy league, based on reports of increased pass attempts).  Turner proved last week that he still can contribute when given the chance (regardless of any DUIs).  Roddy White is clearly still “the man” and Julio Jones will still put up great numbers from time to time.  Their defense has shown that it is capable of playing with a lead too, being ranked 8th in the league in pass defense.  This team is probably the second best team in the league behind the Texans in my opinion right now.

The Cardinals are the surprise team here.  I’ll admit, I’m an avid Cardinal fan, but I surely didn’t expect this.  Kolb stepped up when it mattered most and wont the Cardinals a week 4 contest they probably shouldn’t have.  Costly turnovers helped Arizona against an amazing performance from Tannehill and Hartline (who seemed to run only two routes all game: hitch/curl and hitch and go).  We’ll see if they can keep this up but the offense will need to greatly improve if they want to make a splash in this years playoffs.

Thursday night game:

Cardinals vs. Rams

The Rams surprised me last week against the Seahawks as they continue to pick off opposing QBs.  This week their task of AZ isn’t much tougher (offensively).  I see this game being quite low scoring.  If your Arizona however, Danny Amendola scares me.  Just look at what Brian Hartline did last week against your secondary, now you face another great route runner who focuses on short to mid range routes.  Much like most of each of these 2 teams victories thus far, this game will come down to turnovers.  Which ever team can force timely turnovers and increase their field position will win.  I’m going with the hot hand.

Pick: Cardinals

No comments:

Post a Comment