About Me

Hey, I'm That 1 Sports Guy and I am a sports fan just like you probably are. I mainly follow the big 3: baseball, basketball and football and will be giving my opinions on some hot topics concerning those sports (or just stuff I find interesting). I am a fan of Arizona sporting teams (Dbacks, Suns and Cardinals) but I will try my best not to be too bias.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Metta World Not So Much Peace


Guys like Ron Artest, I mean Metta World Peace shouldn’t even be in the NBA.  Yes he is a talented basketball player but if I were David Stern I would not want players like Artest in my league.  He has had multiple offenses of violence, even once going into the stands to assault a fan.  This last incident is just icing on the cake.
Not only did he bring down the “People’s Elbow” on a fellow player but he did so on a top seeded OKC team and on the likely 6th man of the year, James Harden.  I root for the Thunder but don’t consider them my team by any stretch of the means.  I am a Harden fan since he is a fellow Sun Devil and that all being said, I still would want Artest’s head for this.  Just think what die hard Oklahoma City fans would want.  
Stern is going to have to come down hard on this punishment.  I’m thinking more than a 10 game suspension.  He may even wait to give the suspension until after Harden comes back on the court.  Realistically, Metta World Peace’s season may be over.  If he is suspended indefinitely I would have no issue with it either.  Just take James Harden’s perspective; you were blindsided with an elbow after a guy celebrated an ordinary dunk, 3 seconds after the fact.  Now who knows when you will be back of if you are even 100% once you do.  Not to mention the playoffs are right around the corner.
We’ve learned from the NFL concussions are a big deal and take a long time to heal.  Even if he is back next week, there is no guarantee he will be as explosive or productive.  Just think what this does to an OKC team that is considered one of the best in the NBA.  One of your big 3 is out for who knows how long.  How will this affect him once he’s back?  Will he play timidly? Will concussion related headaches affect his playing?  The repercussions could be huge.
Ron Artest, Metta World Peace or whatever you want to call him is a joke.  He is unprofessional and considered by some to be a “thug”.  He doesn’t deserve this many second chances and should pay for his actions.  I’m sure a majority of people feel the same way I do, and it will be interesting to see how this unfolds within the next few weeks.  
Anyways, that’s sports: from the fans perspective.  

No comments:

Post a Comment